Wednesday 29 July 2009

UGM U202 Crew, Day Twelve: 29th July 2009

"U202 Crew" are the participants in the 2009 Intensive Preparation Programme of the International Undergraduate Programme, in the Faculty of Economics, U.G.M.

Some Commonly Used Idioms

Go back to the drawing board
Give [someone] the creeps
Cost an arm and a leg
Pay top dollar
Go belly up
Stab [someone] in the back
Keep your chin up
Right hand man
When pigs fly
Buckle down
Over my head
Blow it
Hit the books

SONG OF THE WEEK:

Loudon Wainwright III’s “Your Mother And I”

Your mother and I are living apart
I know that seems stupid,
but we weren't very smart
You'll stay with her, I'll visit you
At Christmas, on weekends,
and the summertime too
Your mother and I
are not getting along
Somehow, somewhere,
something went wrong
Everything changes,
time takes its toll
Your folks fell in love;
love's a very deep hole
Your mother and I will do
all we can do
To work this thing out
and to take care of you
Families get broken,
I know it's a shame
It's nobody's fault, though,
and you're not to blame
Your mother and I
are both feeling bad
But things will get better,
they won't stay this sad
And I hope when you grow up,
one day you'll see
Your parents are people,
and that's all we can be
Your mother and I

ANY OPINIONS, THEORIES COMMENTS, COMPLAINTS?

Use the "Comments" feature below.

No comments:

Post a Comment